Friday, July 22, 2011

Montana: My Home

Two of my favorite movies take place where I was born: Montana. Montana is on my mind a lot cause I get to go there in a couple of weeks. I love it up there. The mountains are breathtaking, full of exotic Grizzly Bears. I haven't been for years, so I am so excited to go up and hike and get away from home for a bit. "A River Runs Through It" and "Legends of the Fall" take place up there where you are able capture a glimpse at Montana's unique beauty. I was born in the hippy town of alll hippy towns, Missoula. I'm totally going to buy me a turquoise cuff bracelet or a incredible ring from a original Native American IndianTrading Post. My dad grew up on a farm on Indian Reservation. It holds a lot of incredible childhood memories for me. Every summer we would visit and always get huckleberry ice-cream and go up to a hidden dam. I would always sit in the raft on the Dam and pretend I was Pocahontas paddling away. Also I would play with my little native american indian friends and run through all the fields leaping over snakes and cow pies. My favorite was an old red barn near my grandpas home. It was so mysterious and empty, lots of stories of my dad and his brother Ron, took place there. Now their is nothing but eerie meows from baby kittens and old hay. Oh, and my grandpa always had a big large garden we would pick string beans, carrots, corn, and luscious raspberries from. We would just wash them in the creek and devour them. Every time I watch these two films I capture a glimpse and a vibe that once was. I'm pretty excited to make some new memories there this year. I cannot wait! Montana I love you.

















No comments:

Post a Comment