Friday, November 4, 2011

Oh, to Paint!

I woke up this morning terribly frustrated with my abilities to paint. I have never been so tired of my style. The past few weeks I have been harboring feelings of "there needs to be progress."
I definitely know that I have not found my particular "art style" yet in my life.  And I have been so stubborn to take art lessons from just anyone. I don't approve on just any art teacher. I have been praying for the right teacher whose style and technique I just respect and love to come into my life and educate me on beautiful techniques.  I have always wanted the greatest artists of the past to come to me in my dreams at night and teach me how they approached painting/creating. I would only dream to learn from Picasso, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Klimt, Arcimboldo..... just to name a few. I have no particular style, I am so damn eclectic I want allllll styles to emerge. But until those dreams of being taught do emerge into my paintings/drawings, I need to find a great tutor. But in the meanwhile I will continue to study out my favorite artists. Below are styles that I idealize over and find inspirational to my approach.


 Giuseppe Arcimboldo




Elizabeth Peyton 





 Pablo Picasso




Egon Schiele





 I forgot this particular artist's name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment