Thursday, December 29, 2011

Art UPDATE

So I cannot believe I did not mention that I got accepted into a Gallery showing in Seattle, Washington!! This is sooo huge for me. I was looking up the discription for one of my favorite words one day. It was the word RAW, it's one of the greatest most visual/non visual words in the english vocabulary. As I was looking it up I saw RAW: Natural Born Artists. I looked at it and was pretty excited for my new discovery. I applied and a couple of months later.... they call me and told me they LOVE my work. They asked if I had gone to school for my art and I told them heavens no. They said PERFECT! Thats what we want, untouched, raw, untainted! hehe. So all month I get to prepare for that, then I get to hit up my FAVORITE city: SEATTLE! To be honest when I paint for the Bijou Market it's not always what "I" want or like necessarily. For this Gallery showing it's what I WANT. (sigh of endless relief)
My LA trip was magical and wonderful. Commissions are finished. I got a tremendously HUGE ROLL of Watercolor paper from my dear special someone for Christmas. He said "Now you have NO excuse not to go BIG." I'm super intimidated to go bigger but thats the next step! Watch the short film below. I love it. It's a silk screener at work. I can't wait to incorporate silkscreening into my work one day.
















1 comment:

  1. It really doesn't surprise me you got accepted... I say, "It's about time!!!" It will be a snowball effect from here on out my dearest! I love you and am so proud of you!! Thanks to you and Roland today for your love and support! I couldn't ask for a better family!

    love you Dal Dal

    ReplyDelete