Thursday, May 3, 2012

Best Night of My Life: The Black Keys Concert #1

If you haven't noticed, I have been a big time lover of The Black Keys for quite some time. I have tried to see them live over and over since I can remember, but it would never  would work out! But alas, I have. Never have I had such an amazing time. Which was greatly needed due to one of the worst and wierdest days of my life. I was determined to numb myself and distract myself by watching Dan and Pat  collaborate their amazingness. We were up in the front, but sadly Dan was positioned on the other side. Luckily, I was with someone I cared about deeply, that always makes a concert even better. We eventually tried to make it closer to him by getting on the other side-- not close enough.
I think if I had all the money in the world I would follow them anywhere just to watch them perform live. Dan Auerbach is literally the greatest thing that ever happened to music and the guitar  since David Bowie, Van Morrison, and John Lee Hooker.... just to name a few. Watching him play the guitar and sing was the most amazing thing to witness. I sound like a psycho but seriously and  I probably almost possibly looked like an 80's teenager lost and inlove with a lame boyband or something. I was in awe with his, rawness, style, presence, charisma, and naturalness with the guitar/vocals. I think Dan is my new inspiration to style, sounds crazy but his style is the coolest I have ever seen on a man. So don't mind my new inspired phase/look.
Black Keys this is not the end, only the beginning.
















Crappy (and VERY short) video clip, but it captured the most amazing part of the show. Dan sang in such a way, his rock n roll sweet melancholy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment